Rome is the largest city in Italy and is also its capital. The city is known for displaying global
influential art, architecture, and culture that dates back to almost 3000 years. It is the best
places to visit if you are looking to know more about the former Roman Empire and how it came
The first evidence of settlement in the city of Rome was found in 753 BC. Although the evidence that was found suggested a different time period, the actual settlement of local people here is believed to have been way earlier. It is also one of the oldest cities in the entire Europe. The local population originated from a mix of Latin, Etruscans, and Sabines. Rome is also regarded as one of the birthplaces of Western civilization in Europe.
Rome has one of the most diverse cultural values in the world. Apart from its own traditions and values, there are many other cultural beliefs followed here as well. It is also considered the biggest art exhibit in the world, with artifacts dating back to 2000 years.
It can also be a great place for people who love to shop. Rome has some of the biggest fashion brands to offer. Apart from this, it is also considered the best travel destination in the world because of all the historical monuments and attractions it houses.
To make the most out of one's trip to Rome, here are all the important details that you might want to consider.
Cheap Flights to Rome can be booked online Rome
The best time to visit Rome is from October to April. The room rates at this time are lower than usual as it is not a tourist season. Although you the weather might be a bit chilly it will most certainly not drop under the freezing point.
There are many options for public transportation in Rome. Some of the most used out of them are Bus, Train, Tram, and Metro. The tickets for these methods are as low as $1.50 per person. There are even weekly passes available for buses metros.
The hottest month in Rome is July with an average temperature of 26 degrees. On the other hand, January is eh coldest month with the temperature dropping down to 8 degrees. One must also remember to avoid the rainy season, especially the month of December which has an average rainfall of 95 centimeters.
Currency is Euros. If you carry US dollars, you can exchange at any bank.
One of the most iconic attractions in Rome is the Colosseum, which is an ancient Roman gladiatorial arena. It is a monumental three tiered amphitheater, which was once used for gladiatorial games. There are guided tours available at the monument.
The Pantheon is considered a landmark in Rome which was built in 125 AD. It is a Roman church which is known for its historical tombs. The front dome Dome of the church is the most popular attraction in the entire building.
One of the oldest buildings in the entire city is the Roman Forum, which is a vast excavated area situated in the heart of the city. This Roman Temple is considered the heart of Roman Empire and has many government buildings around it. It is believed to be almost 2000 years old.
This is an 18th century sculpted fountain that was designed by Nicola Salvi. The fountain was completed in 1762 and ever since has been a major attraction. The highlight of the fountain is the sculpted figure in the center.
This is an iconic baroque stairway that was built in the 18th century. It was a common meeting place in the yesteryears and is known for its irregular butterfly shaped design. The steps were built because of a French Diplomat’s request.
This is the world's largest Basilica of Christianity which was designed by famous architect Michelangelo. It is a late Renaissance church that holds up to 20,000 worshippers at given a point of time.
The biggest museum in Rome is the Vatican Museum, which is situated in a Renaissance Place. The museum has multiple art galleries and is considered an art treasure. The highlight of the museum is the Sistine Chapel which is an architectural masterpiece.
One of the best entertainment attraction in Rome is the Piazza Navona, which is an elegant square located in the heart of the city. The square was built in the 1st century and is famous for its fountain. There are many bars, local artists and shopping centers in the area.
Visiting Rome can be much more fun with this tour package. It is designed specially keeping the
top three attractions of the city in mind. It is a 3-hour tour that lets you discover Vatican
Museum, Sistine Chapel, and St Peter’s Basilica.
This tour allows you to witness all the different rooms of the museum along with the artwork and historical facts displayed in them. There is even a guide allocated to you who will share all the important facts about the attractions.
The thing that makes this tour better is that you can skip all the entrance lines with special passes, which reduces your waiting time to zero. The tour starts with the major rooms of the attraction that are Raphael;s Rooms and Gallery of Maps. The trip then proceeds to the Sistine Chapel where you can appreciate “The Creation of Adam.”
There are numerous departure timings available to choose from, and one can also upgrade to an evening tour.
● This tour allows you to skip the long entrance lines and lets you enjoy attractions like Sistine Museum, Vatican Museum, and St Peter’s Basilica.
● The tour includes some of the most popular sections of the attractions.
● The tour allows you to witness The Creation of Adam in Sistine Chapel.
● It is one of the best walking tours through the St Peter’s Basilica and La Pieta Sculpture.
● There are four departure timings to choose from.
● You can update the tour to a small group.
● The confirmation of the trip will be received during booking. If the tripis booked within one day of travel, then it might be subjected to availability. We try our best to inform you regarding the status as soon as possible.
● There are regular religious functions hosted in the St Peter’s, during which there are no guided tours available. If you have chosen the tour on any such occasion, then the guide has been advised to provide full information from the porch of the church. Visitors can still roam around in the church without a guide.
● If you book your trip in advance, then it enables you to get direct entrance in the Vatican Museum. This means that you do not need to stand in the entrance line which can take hours to clear. Although the security clearance is still necessary.
● If you are planning to book the tours for Wednesday then do remember that the St Peter’s Basilica and St Peter’s Square might not be available for visits. There is weekly Papal Audience during this time which restricts the entrance to the church.
● In thecase of Wednesday bookings and the church being closed, there is an extended itinerary of tourist attractions that one can choose from.
● This tour is all about walking through some of the major attractions of the city, so it is highly recommended that you wear comfortable footwears.
● On uncertain occasions, some of the attractions might be closed without notice. In such cases, we are unable to provide advance notification of the visitors. Please understand that we have no control on this issue.
● This trip is not suitable for those who use wheelchairs or strollers. They are not allowed in almost all attractions, so we are unable to accommodate them in our tours.
Nanak Flights offers best flights deals on the top flights routes from Canada listed below. We categorized most popular flights routes by Region/Zone.
We offers extensive flights search options and combinations so you can find cheapest airfares to every where in the World.