No matter how comfortable your cheap flights to Toronto are, air travel can give you jet lag. Frequent flyers often face the affects of dreaded jet lag for a couple of days. If you are taking a long distance flight, you might have many questions related to jet lag. This post will help answer your questions and to suggest helpful tips to handle it efficiently.
What Is Jet Lag
Everyone has a built-in body clock that is tuned with day and night. The body clock is associated with the pattern of sleeping and even with blood pressure, hunger and moods.
Light or sunlight (to be more specific) regulates the body clock and our body normally takes about 24 hours or a day to shift one time zone of day and night. Now imagine the situation where you cross several time zones in a short period. It sure causes a state of perplexity.
Jet lags are essentially caused by the “brakes” inside our brains that signals body clock to stop responding to light. These brakes may be there to prevent our body from affects of the artificial or moon light and to preserve the stability of the body clock. Due to this, the process of adjusting to the new time zone may get slower after your cheap flights to Alberta or any other destination has taken you across many time zones.
Affects Of Jet Lag
Affects of jet lag can really be uncomforting. It doesn’t matter how comfortable you feel in your cheap flights to Montreal, if you are quickly crossing several time zones, you are a potential sufferer of jet lag.
Jet lag can cause confusion, lack of mental awareness and fatigue. Symptoms of jet lag may last for couple of days and you may struggle to make mental and emotional adjustments with the new surroundings. You may feel out of the normal rhythm.
You may tend to have sleep problems if you travel from West towards East because it is generally difficult to advance the sleep time than to delay it.
How To Beat Jet Lag
You would never want to experience the affects of jet lag since it is very discomforting. Here are some tips to help you beat jet lag:
· Prepare yourself and try to adjust your sleep timings according to the destination sleep times before starting your journey.
· Right at the moment when you board your flight, reset your watch time with the new time zone you are traveling to.
· As you travel, try to control your sleep. Try not to take small naps.
· Drink water or fluid as much as possible to keep away from dehydration because dehydration can make it very difficult for your body to adjust to the new time rhythm.
· Try to limit your sleep to be not more than 2 hours after you arrive at your destination.
· Since daylight can help tuning your body clock, taking an hour long morning walk at your destination might help fighting the symptoms of jet lag.
· Do not take excessive alcohol, tobacco or caffeine. It is a myth that these things help in cases of jet lag.
· Do not remain in social isolation.
· Practice habits for a good sleep.
We hope that above information will help you beat jet lag successfully. For comfortable flights at affordable price, click here.