Halifax is a beautiful Canadian city with cheerful people who are currently preparing to indulge into a great lineup of festivals & events from 27th June to 5th July. You still have got time (very short though) to book your tickets to Halifax and be a part of 9-day fest that is full of mind-blowing fun.
The Halifax festival this year coincides with “Tour De France” in Yorkshire and this makes it a little more exciting. The Tour De France is an arts festival that is popular for its family-friendly activities that are centered on award-winning Eureka.
The 9 day festivity of Halifax festival is jam-packed with interesting events for each and every one. There’s Lion King movie screening, comedy gala, theatre, awards and a new spanking theatre at Halifax’s Borough Market.
In 2014, the Halifax Festival reaches its 5th edition and since it takes on with Tour De France, you can book cheap flights to Halifax for enjoying a lot of bicycling and activities based on French theme with your entire family. In case you are unsure about booking your flights to Halifax, here is a quick preview of the event lineup to cover your decision:
· You and your whole family can enjoy a candle lit performance of LAU - BBC Folk Band of the year. The performance will be staged at the Halifax Minister on 27th June, Friday.
· Saturday, 28th June will be a free day of family festival at the lawns of Eureka. This festival will include amazing performances, music, craft activities and some great storytelling events. There will also be street shows by Bell & Bullock, parachute games, funky music by Badass Brass Band.
· Lion King movie will be screened on 28th June in Eureka’s car park. This will be a sing-along screening.
· On 29th June, Sunday, relish a nice afternoon tea and a talk on interesting topic – History Of Cake. This event is organized by BBC food historian – Annie Gray. Enjoy this one-of-a-kind event at Historic Holdsworth House Hotel in Halifax.
· On 29th June, there will also be a cycle race – The Pie Tweed Race on disused cycle speedway - Sowerby Bridge.
· The art center of Halifax – Square Chapel will host fantastic children’s theatre performances. This includes circus props and lolly pops on July 1st, Tuesday.
· On 1st & 3rd July, there’s a free movie screening of British Cult Classics at Halifax Central Library.
· Book cheap flights to Halifax as soon as possible if you do not want to miss screening of LAD: A Yorkshire Story at Vue Cinema of Halifax on Saturday, 5th july.
· The weekend is an opportunity to witness special screenings at Shibden Hall. You may meet the artists personally at their studios.
· 5th July is the day for Bike Story – it is a free outdoor theatre show in Manor Heath Park.
· Grizzly Tales Of Halifax is a storytelling tour at Grizzly locations with only open-top minibus.
Along with such great lineup of festivals and events, it is also the best time to enjoy best of French food, actors, tales, culture and much more. Get your tickets to Halifax booked right now.