The royal semblances and mystics of Hyderabad attract a lot of domestic and international tourists every year. The Grand city of Hyderabad is presently being served by the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport that is situated in Shamshabad. The Hyderabad international airport is newly built and inaugurated in 2008 and it entails all the latest technologies to offer best of the services.
The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is well connected to the main city of Hyderabad with an average travel time of 1-2 hours from city center. It serves over 7 million passengers yearly and many cheap flights to Chennai, Delhi, Amritsar and other major Indian cities frequently fly from here. The world class facilities at the airport include in-line machines for baggage screening, multiple immigration and check-in counters and excellent security arrangements.
The Hyderabad International Airport also provides the Visa On Arrival facilities for many countries like Vietnam, Japan, Finland, Singapore, Indonesia and many others. With in-house cafeterias and duty free shopping facilities, Hyderabad International Airport has an integrated terminal for domestic and international flights. All the domestic and international passengers have to pay applicable development fees at the airport.
Just like all the major airports in India (for example Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi to receive all the cheap flights to Delhi), the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad too has two different channels for custom clearance:
1. The Green Channel : You go through the green channel if you do not have any dutiable item.
2. The Red Channel: You go through the red channel if you have some dutiable item
Non declaration or wrongful declaration of the dutiable items may result into fines or penalties at the airport.
All the international passengers arriving at or departing from the Hyderabad International Airport need to fill the due arrival and departure forms in order to move ahead. Make sure that you carry your valid passport with appropriate visa and other necessary documents like the vaccination certificates etc.
Since you need to pay the user development fee at the airport, make sure that you carry your credit card or enough money to pay. At the Hyderabad International Airport, you have services of money exchange, spa, duty free shopping and wireless internet available inside the airport premises.
Each baggage is checked before you board your flights and after you arrive at the airport. If you want to reduce the wait period of the security check process at the Hyderabad International Airport, make sure that:
- Your baggage does not include any prohibited item such as knives, explosives and other inflammable objects
- Ensure that you clothing, shoes or other accessories does not contain metal
- One carry-on bag with one personal item is allowed on the flight. The personal item can be a laptop, a camera or a purse
· Do not pack valuable items and jewelry in the baggage booked with the air carrier. Take them along with you in the carry-on bag. Never leave your baggage unattended
- The screeners can ask you to unwrap any packed gift item if it alarms during the security check
For more information and cheap flights to Hyderabad, visit http://www.nanakflights.com/flights-to-hyderabad.asp.